Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Saying Goodbye to my Mother

My mother, Ruth Gubler Nielson, passed away at the age of 101 on February 13th 2009. Becky Halterman sent me this beautiful bouquet of tulips. After notifying the family, the funeral was set for the following week on Feb. 21 st at LaVerkin, Utah.


My sister, LuDeen and I had the special privilege of helping dress our mother for her final journey here on earth. It was a tender time for us to make sure that she was dressed in her temple clothes and was looking her best for the public viewings.


As we left the mortuary, we were both deeply impressed with the beautiful statuete in the entrance because the woman going through the veil of death looked so much like our mother and it was so comforting to think of her leaving her old body and looking young and energetic again.








After a lovely memorial service that lasted only an hour - as to Mother's request - we walked the block to the cemetery and put her to rest beside our dad.



1 comment:

TJHansenClan said...

Hi Mom,
I really enjoyed the pictures of the funeral and of Grandma. I'm grateful the process of the funeral went well. I was also really pleased to see a photo of Kathy and her husband - Kathy has a nice "light" to her eyes, I can tell.
Jenny