Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Trip to Michigan

What fun to be with our family in Michigan for a few days!

With Liz's help, we got to the airport in good time and had a good flight to Detroit on April 2nd. We spent the weekend with Thayne and his family.

Here Garth is playing a game of Stratego with Paxton. He loves games.









Dana is doing her favorite thing and the thing we saw her doing most of the time we were there - reading whatever book she can get a hold of.





Serena and Blair joined us for Sunday dinner and the last session of General Conference then we traveled to Waterford for 5 days with Serena and Blair.





Serena had a lot of things she hoped to get done. After painting some ceiling areas in the hall, she and Garth took everything out of the Master Bedroom closet. Then painted the closet ready to put new Closet Maid closet accessories in. After several trips to Home Depot and a lot of consultation and discussion, the closet finally took shape.



















































While Garth was working on the closet, Serena worked on cleaning up in the basement. Once the sewing area was cleared, I sewed up a cover for the futon and made two large and two small pillows for the futon. The insides are from the pad and cover that went on an outdoor swing but the covering had rotted. I used the large sheets of batting found inside. I sewed them together and filled them mostly with batting I pulled apart.







Serena is enjoying the new look in her office.






I did a lot of mending and made
Serena a new dress and made a new pouf pillow cover out of softer fabric. It has yet to be stuffed.




















The last project was to re-cain Serena's rocking chair seat. I had never done this before but decided - with the materials and a good instruction book - I could tackle it.




The finished seat after many hours of work
















On Friday, Serena and Blair took us back to Ypsilanti to be with Thayne, Jenny and family.

We started by having an Easter Egg hunt on Friday while Serena and Blair were there.



Shelby



















Paxton & Dana had fun finding the eggs.





























Here Serena is watching while the children look over their finds.


The next project - after helping Thayne pick up all of the trimming limbs from pruning his fruit trees, the next project was to spike, reseed and roll the acre of lawn.















Thayne is spreading seed and Garth is driving the tractor with the spikes on

























Paxton joined his grandfather when he was rolling the lawn to help plant the seeds.









On Easter Sunday we took a walk in the Wastana County Rolling Hills Park that borders their neighborhood.


Thayne, Jenny, Dana, Paxton and Garth in front of the lake.










Dana, Garth, Thayne and Jenny












Thayne, Dana and Jenny are consulting the map of the area.










Garth and Paxton.












After a lovely Easter meal, the three couples enjoyed visiting

Jenny and Thayne, Janice (that's me) and Garth, Blair and Serena.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

2 comments:

TJHansenClan said...

Very neat, I love these pictures of course! They make us feel loved and special! Plus, there is the bonus that since we haven't updated our blog for quite some time, the family will look at yours and know a little of what we've been up to as well! We sure were glad you could come for a visit.
Jenny

Honeybee said...

You are such a miracle worker! I love the new cover for the futon, the rocking chair looks amazing, and I bet that Serena loves the new closet!