Having just returned from over two weeks of travel, I felt I should document our activities. The day after celebrating Mitchell's 2nd birthday, we loaded up our Windstar and traveled to LaVerkin where we visited with my mother (Ruth Nielson). On Friday morning (Oct. 10th) we saw her and then traveled the 6 hour trip to Prescott, Arizona where the Haltermans graciously allowed us to stay with them. This included a shopping trip with Kendra to start looking for fabrics for all her projects and our visit with several of our friends in Prescott. We saw Ethel Taylor, Ruth Allen,
One of our most enjoyable thing was to be able to spend some time with our 3 lovely Arizona grandchildren.
Kira came home with a Principal's Award for her first quarter grades. Naturally we are very pleased grandparents.
Tessa loved having us there to give her more attention. She loves music and had us all dancing when she would push the buttons to get the music going on the toy on the refrigerator door.
Trenton looks so handsome in his cowboy costume that he wore for one of his school activities.
Kira is a great big sister. Here she built a baby "jail" to keep Tessa from going up the stairs or from going in to disturb her mother while she was giving voice lessons.
I set my sewing machine up in the living room.
We enjoyed being a part of Tessa's first birthday celebrations and helped Kendra clean up, set things up and host the party for many friends and relatives.
Some of the projects we did included;
Family Room cafe curtains.
Living Room curtains
Halloween costumes for Kira, Tessa and a helmet for Trenton. (Kira is the White Witch from Narnia and Tessa is Lucy. Trenton is wearing Caleb's knight costume for Peter but I made him a helmet.)
Drapes for the sliding doors in the dining area,
Roman Blinds for the kitchen windows.
Here is the finished product.
Perhaps the biggest project that both Garth and I worked on was the reupholstering of two chairs for the living room. I think you will agree that they looked much better after we finished with them.
And so ends our report. We had a great time but are are happy to be home again.
2 comments:
Janice, this is Heather Morrison, I have been eyeing that skirt you made for Tessa for some time now and I want one for Taryn. Do you have pattern? Any info you could give me would be awsome. redshoes595@hotmail.com
All of the projects look like they came out very nice. I especially like the chairs and the mud room orginizer.
Post a Comment